Saturday, July 08, 2006

Auf Wiedersehen!

My team played brilliantly today. I just wish they had the legs to pull the same game against la Squadra Azzura for the semi-finals.
Nonetheless, they go out with style. I am happy and proud (yes
mar, a little bitter).

Bastian Schweinsteiger was amazing.

Sebastian Kehl and Torsten Frings played a wonderful game.

Philipp Lahm was a discovery for me in this world cup. I never really paid attention to his game. And the man can really play.

Miroslav Klose will be the “golden shoe” (best scorer) of the tournament, unless Thierry Henry scores 3 goals, which is highly improbable against Fabio Cannavaro and Alessandro Nesta.

Lukas Podolski was voted the best “young player” of the tournament.

Michael Ballack was a true leader throughout the world cup, although he did not play in the “petite finale”. I hope that he will have an excellent career with his new club, Chelsea.

What is there to say about Oliver Kahn? This is his last International game with Germany, and he showed us all why he was elected the best player of the World Cup in 2002. It was the first time ever that a goalkeeper gets to be “best player”. He had amazing reflex saves today, jumping like a lynx on the ball.
He also was the man behind them winning the penalty shootouts against Argentina. Critics say that he was coaching Jens Lehman into what side to jump and Lehman succeeded in countering 2 shots. Is there a bigger man?

And last but not least, I bow to Sexy Klinsi. Jurgen Klinsmann the star attacker of the 90s, had zero experience in coaching, and he did marvels with a young promising team. I hope he decides to stay as head coach of the Mannschaft.

Sexy Klinsi, we need you for the next Euro Cup and World Cup.
You and your sexy tight shirts!

Danke!
Auf Wiedersehen!

Photo Source: www.eurosport.com

3 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Mar said...

I have to admit, Klinsmann did look sexy. The tight shirt, the long body, the hair, the everything. He lives in California by the way.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Zee said...

Jeeee Z - had no clue that Germany was "your" team, how come? I lost track since the days of Beckenbauer ... then I was a Germany fan, but I was I little kid then, so there.
Unfortunately I have no TV, so I will be deprived to see Italy and France ... well "i'll hear it through the grape vines.." ha!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger _z. said...

what do you mean you didn't know I supported Germany. Didn't you see the shrine I built them on my blog? at least 5 posts...
I've been supporting them ever since I was a kid zee. I was little, I looked like schumacher the old keeper, and everybody called by his name. then I started playing middfield and I kept my loyalty ever since.

now for the million dollar question:
how can you live without TV?
if I had known ahead, i would have told you to read it off eurosport.com. they type it play by play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3