Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award.

My good blogger friend, arch.memory, kindly nominated me as one of his 5 recipients of the Thinking Blogger Award.

To my mind, arch.memory
has always been an amazing and generous talent, and being on his list makes me very honored and proud. I met him when I was preparing for my urban design thesis. I was working on the memory of the Lebanese War. He had finished his architecture thesis on the same topic. I wrote to him, he wrote back, and... we're here.

Thank you Ash! (I wish I could re-tag you with the award).

Also, this couldn’t have happened at a better time since, today marks my 1st year blogging anniversary. It was exactly last year, that I started opening up to you; opening up to the world. I have learned a lot, I shared views. We’ve been each others venting space, and we’ve been each other’s inspirations. I built many close friendships (even though virtual sometimes) with many fellow bloggers. It was slow, difficult and uninspired at some points, while creative, intellectual and flowing at others. But mostly, I have had a blast!

Thank you my friends.


The tag passed on to me, I have to choose 5 bloggers and bestow upon them the Thinking Blogger Award. My blogger community being small and all, I am going to bend the rules a little, and send the award to bloggers already nominated by arch.memory…

Bloggers that I will nominate now, will have to comply with the following rules:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

(between you and me, you don't really really have to if you don't like the tag)

And the Thinking Blogger Award goes to:


1. Across the Bay_ by Anton Efendi

I have to start with Anton. Not because I am biased, him being a good friend of mine in real life and all, but it’s that because of him, I embarked on this blogging journey; Tony got me into blogging. His political writings are full of sarcasm and mockery, but rarely off-target. A sharp critic, and intelligent scholar, the Efendi is the guy you don’t want to have an argument with.

2. A Blog About Nowt_ by *(asterisk)

English sarcasm at its best! Not that I am claiming to be the expert, but I am can tell you that this sharp blogger, is always dead on. His posts are always straight to the point and honest. And between his stories, and the stories of lovely Red, they give you the best topics of discussion in the blogosphere.


3. Passing for Normal_ by Mirvat

It came to a point where this blog was my addiction. One of the bloggers I mostly identify with, a fascinating writer and a poet, I sometimes feel that Mirvat writes me, better than I would write myself. A proud to be Lebanese (w bterfa3 el rass kamen), Mirvat is always flirting with your nostalgia, brining you to your knees heavy with beautiful long gone memories… smile my nostalgia friend.

4. Mysterious Eve_ by Eve

arch.memory said it best (since he also awarded her): you are truly missing out if you can’t read eve in Arabic. Posting from the capital, Beirut, eve is the throbbing heart for many expat.-bloggers around the globe; she is sort of our connection to the homeland. With poetic grace, eve carries us to a landscape of Lebanese dreams, and authentic memories; you sometimes shiver under the power of her literature.


5. Tajerib_ by
NONE/DXB; ANOTHER HUMAN BEING
An old classmate, a friend, and a colleague, none/dxb never ceases to inspire. A subtle artist who posts slowly, but whenever that is, you are sure to be impressed. His court métrage "destin animé" is a perfect example of his genius. My blogging journey wouldn't have been as fun, and inspired, if it weren't for the interesting discussions we have from time to time.
késsak dude! [cheers!]


Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger inmotion said...

congrats

I started blogging two days before you did :)

nice isn't it ... like coming full circle

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Happy blogiversary for yesterday, _z. It's great to hit that landmark, isn't it?

And thanks for the Thinking Blogger tag. I'm touched. I will endeavour to play my part before I go away for the weekend, but if I fail, it'll definitely be my first post on my return. Thanks so much.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Red said...

Happy first blogging birthday!
(Cue a little dance and much merriment.)

Hurrah!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger _z. said...

inmotion,

we actually started on the same day. My first post was on the 24th or April 2006...
Happy blogging birthday to you too then!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger an OTHER human being.. said...

kesak _z.
Believe me, posting becomes more challenging, and a bigger responsibility when you know who is actullay following your blog..
Deeply touched..
Thanks _z.

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy oumour
Keep going
■■■■

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey there zouzou
happy anniversary and thanks :) i'm very flattered and reading this makes me even more guilty about my recent absence. yours is one of favorite blogs as well, as you know. been busy lately finishing up here but hey, can't wait to see you all in lebanon. later for now

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Z! thank you, I'm honored! and like Mirvat, i feel bad for receiving this at a time when im not writing anymore. im hoping it's just a phase though :) your blog has been a lovely place for the past year, yen3ad 3leik w 3leih :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Master Blaster said...

khajjaltne ya rajul! Mamnoun 3aynak ana 3al compliment! W congrats on the well-deserved award and for a wonderfully intimate, funny, and sensitive blog. Many years and many more awards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3