Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Recycle your Gum.

Here's a superb invention to be added to our library of ideas, in our ongoing struggle to save our fragile blue planet.
From now on, and thanks to designer Anna Bullus, we will not have chewing gum stick to our shoes anymore. She created a new biodegradable material she developed made from sterilized used chewing gum and bio resin.
The Gumnetic: Bubble Gum Bin, in the shape of a bubble, can plug to any urban furniture and will hopefully keep chewing gum litter from our sidewalks and shoes.
When the bin is full, the entire container is recycled to make even more bins.

So next time your gum looses its sugary taste and pop, don’t just throw it away! Recycle it!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Mar said...

with spit or without?

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger poshlemon said...

Perfect idea. But, first I think people still need to get the hang of the other basic methods that have been around for ages now. I can understand the power and patience behind campaigning; while it takes long to get to people, it eventually works. I was one of those people who never understood or cared to understand about the big deal of recycling, the ecosystem, global warming, the ozone layer, saving the planet, and so on, until recently. I am not very proud it took me so long but I am getting there :)

Point is there are many people who still don't get it. Dammit, with all the wars out there, who has time to get it anyway? Look at our lovely forests in Lebanon... How sad. When I think of all these factors, I really feel discouraged.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger _z. said...

mar you smarty girl... spit or swallow, whatever makes you happy :P
missed you by the way kteer. where are you these days, why aren't you active! I miss seeing the little margueritte here and there.

posh_
this is mainly a design exercise. It is not industrialized and mass-produced yet. It is a concept and an idea.

Since some ppl have no time to think about the planet, I think we should compensate no? Since you’re in London now, you should do your best to try and recycle. When I was in Lebanon the most I did was recycle paper, and most of the time I didn’t know what to do with them, and where to send them. Now, I don’t own a car, I recycle everything, I don’t turn on much light, I don’t use plastic bags for grocery, I buy biodegradable stuff, I buy equitable goods etc… I do my best. I compensate for when I wasn’t doing anything about it, and I compensate for those who do not have the luxury of doing so. I do my part!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger poshlemon said...

_Z.,

definitely right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3