Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Byektoub el Terikh. [History in the Making]

I heard Jooj's reading of one of Eve's wonderful poems/texts, "Fi Bayrout" a few days earlier. I think it gave me the incentive to go ahead and do what I have been procrastinating for ages. How inspirational is blogging!
Most Lebanese bloggers who are writing nowadays, belong to a generation that grew up "re-listening" to the plays of Ziad Rahbani, and his dispatches that used to air on the radio during the war years. The credit also goes to those tapes.
("re-listening" i.e. listening to the tapes of the plays years after they were presented and performed on stage. Most of us never saw them play.)

A big introduction for such a small thing, but this is my first improvised recording ever. I was too hesitant on whether to post it or not, but here it is, public, and open for embarrassment.
The music playing in the background belongs to LBC, on Monday, the 7th of August, 06 @ 6:55pm, Montreal time; the day of the recording.

The recording sound and volume are very bad, and of course I could not get around on leaving out some cliches.

[the audio file is in Arabic, my apologies to the non-arabic speakers who visit urban_memories, and read my blog]

----



10 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Mar said...

W inta bkheir w 3ala watan bkheir.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

w inta bkheir

sma3 ya zouzou
mish mohemm iza 7ada halla' 3amyesma3. inta elta. ni7na 3am niktob eltarikh. tamaye7ermouna 7atta mnil 7a'ee'a. ma be'e illa elsot. khalli ysajjel lawledna we wledon. khalli lsot yib'a. we a7la sot. sot _Z and the voice of truth.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Laila K said...

wow z, its great. bass i couldnt see a picture, only heard your voice

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger _z. said...

:) mar

that's a beautiful encouraging comment mirvat. thank you very much my dear.

Dima! you found your way to urban_memories; welcome! thank you for you comment. hope to see you soon too, in beirut as you mentioned.

princess ma fi picture, it is just an audio file.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Laila K said...

ahhhhh (im not always that slow)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger _z. said...

no it is not your fault, I don't know how to embed an audio that I have on my HD. I used youtube to post it as audio. so usually yes, one would expect a video :P.
inte zakiyye, ana mastoul :P

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Eve said...

_z, i guess what we're trying to say here: next time, bring the picture wiz you :p

i love the tape. i do sometimes get the feeling that in the next ma ba3ref 2addeih years, our grandsons would be studying about this, and we'd be telling them inno we've witness it all bi 2om l 3ayn. we would sound so old for them :)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger _z. said...

lol eve.
I imagine the same thing. What would I say, and how will I tell the story. It is both sad and nice. as life is anyway!

well at least, you'll have many of your texts to read to them. Read them your blog!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger AM said...

youtube is blocked in the UAE :(
Do something ;)

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger _z. said...

mmm How can I help am_pm!
if it is blocked, I am not sure if you can hear it at all. because you have to go through their services.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3