Monday, January 19, 2009

Beirut: Number ONE Destination.

I have been meaning to write about this for quite some time now, but since I have been nothing but a lazy blogger these days, I am glad that my resident writer on urban_memories, hooked me up with her weekly newsletters...
If you follow the tag at the end of the article - letter from Lebanon - you can read the many letters, Rosie contributed on here.
As some of the older and faithful readers know, Rosie is an American (from California) living in Lebanon, and is the author of "Letter from Lebanon", an almost weekly newsletter that she emails to her family and friends...

Here's a caption of what she wrote this week:
----

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I guess the United States is all geared up and focused on the inauguration. Once again, the rest of the world will join the United States to watch and listen carefully to Obama’s speech. The Americans voted for Barack Obama, but he will be shared by the world. Everyone seems to want a piece of him, domestically and internationally. He will not be able to make everyone happy, that’s for sure, but let us hope that he will be able to lead the States and the world in a better direction.

Wishing all Americans a great inauguration day, and a successful and peaceful future for all.

Rosie.

Letter from Lebanon--#58 Beirut, the No.1 destination site!

I think just about everyone in Lebanon has heard, read or forwarded messages about the N.Y. Times Travel review of January 11, 2009, stating that Beirut is not only in top 44 destinations to visit in 2009, but it is in the number ONE spot. It is also the number one destination selected by readers, as well. Check out the site, if you are interested, or you don’t believe me!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/01/11/travel/20090111_DESTINATIONS.html?hp

Over the years, I have been trying my best to describe to you the wonderful life not just in Beirut, but in Lebanon. You can imagine how proud and happy this review makes the Lebanese and the expatriates who love Lebanon. This is truly an honor bestowed upon Lebanon considering all the magnificent places one could visit in the world, and considering its, unfortunate, violent past. Lebanon is a blend of the old and the new. It has amazing ancient sites, great restaurants, top hotels, wonderful beach resorts, a hopping nightlife, and beautiful nature reserves.

As Paris (one of my favorite cities) is better without the Parisians, Lebanon would be better without its politicians. The only difference is that a visitor is not affected by the politicians. In fact, it is the Lebanese people themselves who are warm and welcoming that make this country so great.

So, I welcome you and only wait to hear when you will come to visit!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but wait !

I think it is a trap we are falling in... It cannot be !

I feel they want us all to go there in 2009 then to drop on our heads a nucular bomb (as G. Bush calls it) and get rid of us !

Ouhahahah Ouhahaha...

Dr Roni Evil

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger _z. said...

Or an unfortunate repeat of the promising summer of 2006.

lah ya majnoun!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Zee said...

My work dwindled down to almost non existence, so my money-chest is almost completely emptied...
But once I regain some assets, I will definitely visit Lebanon - after all, I also promised to visit Mirvat as well!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger _z. said...

:)

more than welcome my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3