Tuesday, September 02, 2008

[the unfinished posts].

Daydreamin' / Aug.08 / Monte Bello, Québec / Canon PowerShot SD750

I haven’t been able to write for quite some time now.
A terrible lack of concentration due to overworking, numbness and loss of interest in anything remotely intellectual due to the difficulty my brain is having processing the constant browsing my eyes are performing, and being such a fake perfectionist, all contributed to the many reasons I haven’t been able to finish a decent post for the past few months.


Chaotic thoughts, and unorganized images, result in corrupted instances of time, and loss of memory.


Funny coming from a wannabe blogger trying to maintain a blog with “memory” as title.
I have more posts “saved as draft”, than I have as “published”.

For a while now, I couldn’t finish one thought.
I either lose interest a few sentences away, or just finish the post, and decide to publish it the next day and never do.
Both come to the same fatal end; I am not writing.


I started reading a lot again. I had even boycotted reading on the bus… something that was very relaxing and dear to me. I just didn’t feel like thinking... plain and simple.
Not that I didn’t want to, just that I “preferred” not to.


It must have been that I had to devoid my head... even if for a little while.

….

Sometimes I thought I could just post photography, to help with the block, but then resolved not to... but that is another big
issue story I am going to have to tell you about some other time.
One drama at a time.
….

It was an amazing Labor Day weekend we had in Quebec. The weather was beautiful, and Montrealers have been waiting the whole summer for such a long weekend.


The sky was blue, the sun was up, and people were OUT.


We rented a car for the holiday, and were able to “go away” for the weekend. We took the ferry to Burlington, and drove the way back passing by beautiful scenery and cute little towns. Then drove to the Outaouais region in Quebec, and tended to “wild” and farm animals in a wild life reserve…


We had excellent company; we walked under the sun, rested our eyes across sublime landscapes, and recharged them with raw, natural, non-Photoshoped colors.


Thanks to good friends, to reconnection with nature and its rightful inhabitants, to a given day of simple and pure happiness, and of course to photography... I now have a new set of beautiful and vivid memories that will hopefully help me get to my next momentary failure.


Yalla, bonne semaine my friends.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Zee said...

Hey ZouZou!
"The turn towards the positive" - your voyage that is...
Burlington, Vermont???
That is close to where my son does his apprenticeship on an organic farm, as a matter of fact, 2 miles from the Canadian border.
Anyhow, be well and stay in touch.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger _z. said...

yeah it was my first visit to Vermont. it is beautiful... I wish I had more time to spend there, but had to get back on the same day...
(also first time ever on a ferry)

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Liliane said...

the colors of the photo are ... so vivid, no photoshop or color retouching you say? amazing!

glad you had fun this weekend, a7la shi el nature, good company and utter relaxation! and a good drive akid :)

So that's why you haven't been writing? hmm same here i guess. maybe i am a fake perfectionist too. i mean, same symptoms, so many drafts but nothing published hehe.

welcome back, i hope! keep reading.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger poshlemon said...

_z.,

I kind of know what you mean about not being frequent with your posts and all... But, it's good, again, to have you back here. I really miss you, my scorpio mate :)

Pictures, and photos reveal so much... but, they definitely do not take the place of the written word. How about a bit of both?

Nature... something about it is always hope instilling.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

should i remind you of what you said when i stopped writing!
anything you post is food for the soul and a post about not posting proved creating and from the heart so keep'em coming.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Krys said...

ma ma3ak 7a2 sorry!!!
eno pple like me who writes anything and nothing on their blog byoussalo la wa2et they get emptied from anything and nothing and they just fill their drafts section but pple like who writes writes real nice stuff they can't just stop writing and then apologize!!!!!!!!!!!
yih!!!!!

di gawaher ya afandem ma te7rimnach minha arbouk!! hahaha :D

No seriously come back once and for all!!!

OK???

:)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Zee said...

shit, Mirvat is back...that night be a good sign!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger _z. said...

liliane_

it is true. you are right. nature is the best way to relax... hope you start writing again too.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger _z. said...

posh_

yes I agree, a bit a both is what I always try to aim at (photos and text) and perhaps a bit of music too, to set the tone...
thank you for always being there... :)


mirvat_

You don't need to remind me... how can I forget our conversation and our emails with ashraf about blogging and writing... I remembered this discussion every time I tried to write something... and stopped... I felt ashamed actually...
it was just beyond me....
thanks for the support bannout.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger _z. said...

krys_

hehe, well I guess you're lucky! you're not a fake perfectionist, and you don't need pretense...
and that's why we all like krys for being krys.


zee_

mirvat is always around :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3