Friday, March 30, 2007

Rasta Surprise [ages 3 and above].

I received this image by email a couple of years ago. I cam across it again, when I was cleaning my hard disk a few days earlier... I find this simulation hilarious, and super smart.

I belong to the generation that used to be able to buy a Kinder Surprise egg for lira w noss (1.5 Lebanese Lira)... do you remember those days? There were many things one could buy for lira w noss back then. It's like it was the magical number where all the joys and desires of a kid were attainable for just lira w noss.

Kinder Surprise was, and still is my favorite treat. I love the chocolate, and the little toy inside is just great. I used to spend close to five minutes watching the eggs, trying to figure out which one I was going to buy, then I would pick up the selected egg, and shake it close to my ear. This may give away the game contained inside. Depending on the sound the egg emits, you could figure out the level of complexity of the toy, and therefore whether you are going to like it or not. I still collect a lot of these toys... I still have boxes filled with Kinder toys, and if you visit my apartment, you are guaranteed to find those little thingies just laying around here and there around my place, on the shelves, in the plants, and between books.

I love Kinder Surprise.... w bi lira w noss.

And I love this 3D model; Uber Intelligent.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Laila K said...

man.. i collect them too, they're all over my desk at the lab..people tend to worry! and it takes me so much time to figure things out..its such a challenge for me :)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Coco said...

ufffffff w kif laken!
I LOVE Kinder surprises until this day.. no shame in that :)

What about 3elkit el bomba bi 3ashr 2roush? Yay what a treat when Mom gave me 0.10L.L. to go to the Domyati store and get on. She'd give me actually 2 x 0.10L.L. to get one for my brother too :)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Red said...

I was never one for collecting the little toys (I think that must be a boy-vs-girl thing), but I adore Kinder Surprise. In fact, I adore pretty much any Kinder product. How do they make the chocolate so sweet and delicious? You know, posh people can keep their 72% cocoa content -- just give me Kinder any day of the week!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Scent of the Levant said...

When I read your post I got a flashback.I remembered the batata chips.They were Fantasia brand.I used to collect the fake money and save them.I think if you got up to a hundred you would get a big prize or something.

Ou kamen la fatra isgheeri there was collectable pictures of the lebanese basketball players in the bag of chips.I wasn't alllowed to save those for some reason.....

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Krys said...

I still buy Kinder eggs but not for lira w noss...for 2 euros and the half lol :D
And I still shake it :P

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

And here I thought this post was going to be about pot.

I'm not back, but how did you find my new address?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger _z. said...

dry gin martini_
It was supposed to be a post about pot... but our friends, didn't play along. They just like chocolate... and kinder especially :P...

kinder surprise lovers!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lirun said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3