Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crystalscape.

And just like that, and when you thought snow has melted, winter in Montreal has just begun. I took this picture while waiting for the bus. It was pretty cold, but fantastically beautiful. The landscape was serene and calm. It was the first time I actually see snow crystals; I always thought they existed only in drawings and in cartoons. They are exactly the way they draw them on greeting cards. They were stuck frozen on the glass of the bus shelter. I took out my camera and started shooting away. I didn’t have gloves, so my fingers were freezing; a painful pleasure I was ready to endure. I missed the bus I was planning to take, and rode on the next one to work. Walking in the morning when Metropolis is still silent and white is beyond compare. Sometimes, people smile in the morning have you noticed? It is so peaceful. I miss peace. Do I know peace? I never knew peace; I never met it. I wouldn't recognize it even if it falls in my lap.

I love snow, but I hate the resulting slush. You can't have one without the other. What do you do?

more crystals

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Laila K said...

it can be so painfuly cold gorgeous in the morning! i miss my city

love the new photos :)

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger _z. said...

the city missed you too... i guess.
how is it in boston? (the feeling i mean). or is that too big of a question?

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Laila K said...

enormous :)

boston thinks its too pretty (but its not), thinks its too smart (but its not), thinks its too cool...and is definitely not! shee hek..

bass..do come visit :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger poshlemon said...

_z.,

yes, some people smile in the morning sometimes ;) Being in London, I only get to experience snow for only one or two days a year. It's a great event when it snows here. I guess I prefer it like this. I could barely handle the piercing cold London weather. Imagine there had to be snow too!

Beautiful pic.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger shoesthatfit said...

you have an amazing eye for capturing moments. nice : )

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Red said...

Fantastic picture, and I love the ones you posted on your other blog too. For a second there I thought the crystals might be on your camera lens, and I was relieved to learn that it was just the bus shelter!

Aaaaaand.... welcome back!

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A proposito, get The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen.It's a very serious fairytale.My favorite since a kid.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Lirun said...

what an ingenius shot!!!

i hope you're getting industry recognition..

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger _z. said...

laila_
is it pretentious because where you live and the big-university-environment you are in?
well it is definitely on top of the list of places that I want to visit... so we'll see.

posh_
When it's snowing it is not as cold. you should try it. It is -20 today... pretty cool.

shoesthatfit_
thank you! you must also have an amazing eye for seeing.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger _z. said...

red_
thnx red. I would die if those crystals were on the lens.

rima_
will do.

lirun_
thank you. and no I am not! do you know someone who would be interested?
:P
thought you were coming to montreal.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Lirun said...

dude.. thinking about it.. maybe for passover.. still checking out some stuff - will let you know if i do

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3