Monday, November 30, 2009

L'autre bout du monde.



The first white coat covered Montreal today, revealing once again how hard it is for me to say goodbye to fall. Every year, and for as much as possible, I try to extend this magical season until it gets pulverized by the first snow... which was today.
Under an eerily darkened sky, naked and cringing trees are now getting ready to host ice and raven for the next few months to come.

I think my tolerance for long periods of snow is diminishing. A big smile used to appear on my face with every first snow... but not this year.
I just am not ready yet...
But here it comes again so hold on tight, it is going to be a bumpy and very moody ride.

(this is a short film I shot with wife while driving the "wine route" through the eastern townships of Quebec - Fall'08).
the film lost a lot in resolution when uploaded here... I wish I can share the actual video so you can appreciate the beautiful and bright colors along the way.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger workingmom said...

even though snow is magical, winter with snow is even better! i can exchange fall in paris with fall in canda, would u?

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger shoesthatfit said...

i totally enjoyed the ride :) felt all the bumps in the road too. cool!

i strained to see the colours but what i could make out of it, it looked gorgeous. in singapore, it either rains or shines. our trees stay green all year round. boring compared to this.

thanks for sharing :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Marillionlb said...

I do not think that we will have a white Xmas this year in Lebanon. It is sunny (and very polluted) outside, not a cloud in sight.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one is ready for snow in MTL , it feels like it's winter all year long, so you're not the only one who's not smiling, Pouzy

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Serpico said...

_z I totally feel the same way! I am soo not ready for Winter. But seems like this year is a mild one due to the Nino effect.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger _z. said...

workingmom,
Fall in Canada is really magical. I wouldn't exchange it, but I would share it.
How is fall in Paris?

shoesthatfit_
thanks for riding along.

Marillionlb_
really? not even on the mountains? I think it is going to be milder here as well this year.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger _z. said...

Pouzy_
it was like that most of time wasn't it... we only got a few good weekends...

Serpico_
yeah man, I also heard that it is going to be a mild one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3