Tuesday, September 15, 2009

back... or not quite.

This has been the longest I have been away from blogging – writing, reading and communicating with fellow bloggers. It has also been the longest I have ever been from any form of “artistic” manifestation. That is not true actually, I have been taking a lot of photographs, but as always I never get around on doing anything with them, so I disregard any importance to that issue. They just get stored with their siblings on my hard drive.

I blame it (as always) on lack of inspiration, and time (lack of), but with everything happening in this world and with the abundance of material to talk about, I should have no excuse.

Truth be told though, I have been doing a lot of traveling; inside and outside of Canada, that I just had other outlets to communicate with people. And it has been both enriching and overwhelming at some points, that self-satisfaction is attained but never shared. Which is okay I guess…

I also chose a bad time to write again as I leave to Peru in the few days to come, but I guess any time is as good as any. I leave on Saturday to be part of a humanitarian mission operating in the slums of Lima. We will be stationed there for about two weeks working with optometrists, tending to Lima’s poor and “humbler” inhabitants. I will try to blog as of there, and post on the flaneur. I know I always say that, but this time if I have Internet access, I am going to have to; I am expected to, by the mission organizers. I will let you know though. I will update here as soon as I start posting on the travel blog. Our two-week mission is supposed to be intense and draining, as we are scheduled to see about 700 patients every day, but on the other hand, I am also positive that it is going to be an unequaled enriching experience.

Wish me luck.

PS: the object photographed [la goutte d'eau] is by Michèle Lapointe | Artiste.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger Lirun said...

your coolness knows no limits :)

that photo is exquisite!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Marillionlb said...

Good luck on your new adventure.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger _z. said...

Thank you :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Serpico said...

Godspeed

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Liliane said...

welcome back and good luck and have a nice trip, and that's really great what you're doing :)
I'll be waiting for your daily updates now that you have to login daily!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger _z. said...

serpico_
thanks.

Liliane_
If I have regular access I will be posting :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3