Thursday, September 07, 2006

Increasing the Population of Ferme-Neuve.

Being the first Lebanese ever to set foot in Ferme-Neuve was not as exciting for the Ferme-Neuviens, as it was the case with my friends from China. Actually people did look at me kind of funny, but that was only because I had Emily with me all the time. They, on the other hand, were particularly interested in shaking hands with my far-eastern friends, who made the talk of the town. It was kind of amusing actually.

But do tell my Phoenician ancestors that I did carry on the task of discovering new territories.

Ferme-Neuve is a beautiful, and peaceful village, located in the last mountain range of the high Laurentides, at about 300km north of Montreal, and deep in the heart of the Quebec Northlands. The Ferme-Neuviens are very simple, and nice people; a western reminder of every “Teta Zihreh (Zahara)” and “Jeddo Abdo” of our villages (nice and kind old village folk with typical names).

Our Camping site was located on Lac St. Paul, about 30mns away from the village, where we would come back for groceries every other day. The peace and quiet of the place is incomparable. We relaxed, slept, ate, played, and hiked while enjoying the magical, colorful, diverse, and sublime landscape of Quebec. We encountered, and tended to numerous animals (domestic and wild), and learned about and enjoyed the many sorts and types of trees and vegetation. We even managed to make “land-art”, which Emily was an intrinsic part of.

And for our memories, we took amazing pictures.

The trip was Beautiful!
----

It is also great to be back in Metropolis, behaving like the urbanite that I am, exploiting the privileges and comforts of modern urban life.

I did miss all of you my friends, and yes… I did think of you...

Thank you for the comments you left, they brought a smile onto my face when I came back. Starting tomorrow, I’ll go back to my blogging tour of duty.

13 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Red said...

Is that official, then? Were you the first Lebanese to venture as far as Ferme-Neuve? How cool! And is that you in the picture? The landscape looks awesome but cold...brrrrrrr!

Welcome back, _z, we missed you!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger _z. said...

Yes red, statistics show that no lebanese has ever ventured into ferme-neuve before hehe.
And this is me in the picture claiming the lake and making it mine :P
(I added a colored crayon filter in photoshop).

It was pretty cold during the nights, and it rained for a day, but this adds to the beauty of the landscape I find.

Autumn in Canada is just wonderful.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger linalone said...

I do envy You. I love such landscapes and i wish i can one day live in such environment.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger _z. said...

linalone, thank you for your comment... mech moujemaleh, but you are welcome anytime you can. I don't promise the same landscapes (since they are far) but very similar.

no noise... missed you back!
when are you flying here?

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Welcome back, _z. That's great that you were the first Lebanese there! Awesome. But, pray tell, what is the deal with Emily? Did you take her with you and carry her everywhere you went?

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Eve said...

oh my god, this picture is so extremely beautiful. id kill to be there right now. dont worry mish online killing :)

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Mar said...

Ay I miss Autumn already! I knew I was gonna miss it 2 weeks ago, when the weather started to get cold at night ( and day)... I don't want to think about it, not yet.

The picture is so liberating. Missed you too.
Please post some Fall pictures this season.

Regards,
Samar

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

awesome picture!
welcome back. we missed you.
yalla more posts to make up for the lost time and more pictures.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh welcome back :)
rahibeh el soura..

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger _z. said...

*(asterisk), yes emily went with me everywhere. The funny thing is that at first, my friends laughed at me. During the trip everybody took turns in carrying her everywhere and they started to pose with her and all.. it was hilarious. And the looks ppl gave us were priceless. I'll post some pictures on my other blog and let you know.

eve ahla w sahla se3it yalli fikeh... it was a great place.

mar, mirvat and nado... thank you! i really missed you guys too.. will try to post more pics either here or on the flaneur... will let you know..
mmmwah!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger AM said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I am so jealous ...
This manzar est be3a22id!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Zee said...

Oh "Z" - I am so happy for you and that your travels were a positive adventure.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger _z. said...

□ hehe am! yeah it was gorgeous actually :)

□ thank you so much zee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3