Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Tag!

I could not escape the curse of the Tag. I have been tagged by both babykaos, and arch.memory.
I combined the questions of both Tags, since they were pretty much similar.

Here it is:

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with it's content and look?
To my mind, the content and the look of a blog are intimately connected to one another. Graphics are very important and so is the literature.
A good blog has to appeal to me graphically and aesthetically, and has to provide an interesting discourse.

It took me a while to chose the layout for urban_memories, but I think the template that I chose to publish, speaks the most to me. Since I can’t build my own, I can't be too picky; although I am. I would change many things still, but since I am an idiot in HTML, I cannot tailor it to my taste more than it is in its current state.

Then Content is another important issue. The blog went through different metamorphoses. It was predestined to be notepad for my thoughts on architecture and urban design issues. Soon enough, it took a very personal and sentimental aspect, only to become a war zone during the HA/IDF showdown. Now it is going back to its "normal" state.
I don’t know. It is hard for me to talk about the substance. I guess I am doing ok.

2) Does your family know about your blog?
My immediate family knows, but they are not too interested. They read every once in a while, but we never talk about it. I tried to initiate my sister. She writes amazing poetry. I wasn’t successful.

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
I wouldn’t call it embarrassment, but I don’t just tell all my friends. If they land here by chance then fine, otherwise, I am very selective in choosing whom to send the link to, or whom to tell about my blog.

Sometimes I prefer to keep things for myself instead of having to go through annoying and pointless debates.

4) Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I would have stopped long ago, if I thought otherwise. I tend to lose interest in things very fast. Many bloggers really add something to my daily life.

5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
Serious blogging can turn into a full-time job. Depending on time, I have my close circle of blogs I visit daily; some more than once a day. Then there is an extended circle, which I visit when I have more time. I used to venture into the unknown. I don’t do that so often anymore.
But when someone leaves a comment, I go visit them back.

7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
All the time.

8) Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
Yes, I just told you.

9) Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
Quite the opposite! They “interact with events”, as you say.

10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Not at all. Actually, I can’t say. I haven’t had insulting, or a bad criticism on my blog yet, so I can’t really judge. In real life, criticism may annoy me. It all depends on the way it is delivered.

11) Do you fear of some political blogs and avoid them?
I get a lot of the news from political blogs. In fact I link to many serious political blogs; Lebanese and International. But I seldom leave comments, and I just stick to being a passive reader.
I don’t consider myself to be knowledgeable in politics.
But they don’t frighten me at all.

12) Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Is this the first time people are jailed for speaking their minds?

13) Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
Not really, but now that you got me thinking about it, I just wish it would be a good MEMORY of me.

14) What do you like to hear? What's the song you like to put its link in your blog?
It all depends on the mood I am in. I’ve already put many links to songs on my blog. I listen to Jazz, blues, hip-hop, R&B, electronic (Tiesto), Fairuz, Tarab…

15- Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
I can’t say who had the greatest impression on me. Every one of my blogger friends affected me in a way. But I can tell you that the person who got me into blogging was Anton Efendi; from Across the Bay. He pushed me to do it, and helped me set up my page and all.
(and I always was amazed by arch.memory’s talent).

16- Which blogger you think is the most similar to you?
Lately I have been identifying much with what Mirvat and Eve are writing.

17- Name a song you want to listen to?
Ouff Many!
Fairouz's "Ahwaka Bila Amali".


16- Ask five bloggers to answer these question on their blogs?
Most bloggers I know have already been tagged. Let’s see:
1. Laila; from Me, Myself and my Lebanon.
2. Mar; from Compulsive Yearnings.
3. Rouba; from Reflections from far mland.
4. no noise.
5. zee; from Sunburst.
I hope you guys have time for this, w sorry salaf!

15 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Interesting Q&A, _z. I've not seen it anywhere else before, funnily enough. I may consider doing it myself. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger inmotion said...

haha hesseyt 7ale im reading my answers!

she hilo .. she mrattab!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Eve said...

send me ur sister's address. tell her we can negotiate. and before you know it, she'll be doomed for life: she'll be one of us :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i liked your answers :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Najee said...

... do u really have time for all these elaborated answers?

sweet calm montreal ...

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger _z. said...

□ *(asterisk), I thought you and red were already tagged... by all means feel free to do the Q&A.

□ babykaos, :) I guess.

□ eve, I was able to get 3 ppl to start blogging, but never my sister. she is starting to lean now... i'll be able to convince her soon enough I suspect.

□ w ana I like yours sitt mirvat.

□ thanks Haider

□ mee, your comment is a perfect example of how it is thought that "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". If you must know, I make time. For the past 2 months, I have been working from 9 to 9, but what works for me is that I am insomniac and I rarely sleep before 3 or 4 am. And I wrote these answers on two bus trips, to and from work. (I have a tiny sexy notebook now, that I use while on the bus).
If you know anything about the North American lifestyle, you wouldn't have left this comment.
Hope you're having fun, chillin' in the UAE sun, and enjoying the nonchalence of the Arab World. (a characteristic that I sometimes miss)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger _z. said...

(am very cranky today - didn't sleep well... 3afwan!)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Najee said...

my dear z,
finding time is not a problem
what you decide to do with it
is another issue [u could have slept a bit for ex.] and obviously u chose otherwise..
and if somebody asks how do u find the time? this does not imply that he has less or more time?
this is a simple inquiry about how people can really find time to write about what, in my opinion is like spending a day counting the grass [which happens to be greener on our side] in ur backyard...
i thought it is a waste of time
i said it
blogs are about what
z. said
and
mee said
and
... said
regards, from the land of sand

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Najee said...

COPY PASTE -Z.: and quote:

"I hope you guys have time for this, w sorry salaf!"

[kindly note that this being debatable will create some action; dont get cranky man... walaw]

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huhh, I'm tagged? Maybe I'll find some time over the weekend ... :)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mar said...

I second zee. Thanks for the tag Dear _z or not? :)
I will, this weekend.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eno eh :)

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger _z. said...

Oh you guys... you don't have to do it you know...

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z,

This is definitly a surprise for u. Am Your sister and i do read ur blog everyday...Actually am addicted to it! I like every subject that u post and i relate to most of the articles. Reading ur thoughts brings me closer to u as the distance between us is killing me.
The reason why i haven't opened my blog yet is that i feel that my poems are very personal and i'm not at a stage where i feel i'd like to share them...At least not yet!!!
EVE, am already one of u without u noticing it :-) u could still try to convince me if u want...

Kisses
NOUZ

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger _z. said...

ahlan ahlan!
I stand corrected :P
I am glad you wrote sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3