Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Long Distance_01

I usually call her before I go to sleep. I am in my bed, and she is on her way to work. She is already in her car, driving the bustling highway, drinking her morning coffee, while talking to me on her cell phone.
She started her day full charge and already multitasking, while on the other side of the planet, I am finding it hard even to articulate and formulate useful sentences.

That doesn’t mean that I am lazy. That just means that we’re truly worlds apart.
(Although I am a bit lazy)

There are many means of communication these days to make your life easier, and make you “reachable” anywhere in the world. We use most of them. Except we never sent each other carrier pigeons, nor smssed with white smoke.

We invested so much in being in-touch… But in our own way.

I say in our own way, because people usually don’t find that we communicate well… she and I. We normally approve understandingly, because honestly we never feel that they deserve an explanation. We really don’t make a big deal out of it; we don’t even think about it twice…

Pouf! Dissolves into thin air.

We do communicate. We communicate extremely well… But in our own way. We are one of those couples who are able to communicate a lot, without saying much. There is no such thing as “uncomfortable silence” between us. Anything is welcomed, enjoyed, and appreciated, be it silence, talk, or song.

A lot is said with silence anyway. People should try it even.

She and I… We’re worlds apart, yet so much alike

----
One, by U2 is one of my favorite songs. I found this version of the song, by pure chance; a very sexy performance by French Vanessa Paradis.

I prefer the audio for the video because it makes you dream and imagine a bit, but if you want, you can click Here for the video.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Laila K said...

immmm :)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Not a fan of that song. In fact I posted about it almost exactly one year ago. Seems you're not the only one who likes it!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Coco said...

Akh 3al long distance! I hate it.
I know what you mean about not needing to talk while not lacking communication. Only seeing his name online sometimes is enough.

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spice of long distance relationships!

I haven't posted for a while but the Vanessa Paradis version (new to me) reminded me of my favorite remake of One with Mary J. Blidge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlHnHY_xQVg

BTW, I'm an avid reader/fan of your blog even if I don't post much so I would've given you then Thinker award as well.
Oh and can you add +1 leb in Lisboa, pioneering the growth of lebs in this country (at least for another month! :D)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger _z. said...

Pat_

miss you buddy. what are you doing in Portugal still? come back!

dude! once again and about 10 years later, I am tripping on Vanessa.

thank you for reading and for your kind words, much appreciated (blush).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3