Friday, April 20, 2007

The Virginia Tech Massacre.

Bowling for Virginia tech.

It took me a while to decide whether I should write about V.T.'s massacre. Since I still think that too much media and commotion around this subject, will surely make it happen again, as these stupid gunners are usually in need of attention...
However, I was going to post something, but I read one of my blogger friends' post on the subject.

*(asterisk)'s post was right to the point, and I couldn't have put it any better.

Besides, my comment is posted there, so you can also read my opinion on this painful incident.

May they rest in peace. All of them. We lost two Lebanese students in this bloody incident.

Two Lebanese students were among the 32 people killed by a gunman at Virginia Tech University in the United States, government sources said on Tuesday.

The Lebanese foreign ministry was officially informed that Reema Samaha and Ross Abdallah Alameddine, both 19, were killed in Monday's rampage at the university, the sources told AFP.

Police identified the gunman behind the deadliest school shooting in U.S. history as an English major "loner" student from South Korea. The man shot dead 32 students and staff at the campus before committing suicide.(AFP)(AP photo shows an undated black-and-white yearbook photo provided by Westfield High School in Chantilly of Virginia Tech freshman - naharnet.com

These two kids, fled bombs and wars, traveled thousands of miles looking for a brighter future and good education, only to die gunned down in class, by a twisted, dumb fuck!

PEOPLE!
DO NOT CARRY GUNS!
----

Update:

Another article was posted on naharnet, telling scenes from the life of both Lebanese students... you can read it here.


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Hi _z.: Thanks for the link and for your comments over at mine. I am not going to comment on my own post; i just want to leave it as a string of other comments and some sort of dialogue. All the victims are worth remembering, and those stories that are most poignant will always be of those people who fled tyranny to a free country, much like London 7/7 bombing victim Anat Rosenberg. It's horrible, bitter irony.

Still, I'd sooner we all make more of an effort to remember the names of at least one victim than to give any "power" to the name of some weak, loser kid.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Red said...

I had the same thoughts when I saw the picture of Reema Samaha. You remove yourself from the horror just to have it come after you with a vengeance. It's fucking tragic...

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

One of my colleagues and friends got his Ph.D. at VT and one of his professors/friends was shot as he was barricading the door to protect his students. What a senseless death. Reading the synopsis about the life of these two kids, they both seem beautiful people, and it's a very senseless death, especially at their age, when they're full of passion, ideals, intellectual curiosity, and such...

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger _z. said...

dry gin maritini_
That professor was Liviu Librescu, a true hero.
*(asterisk) wrote about him, in his text.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger arch.memory said...

I have bestowed upon you the Thinking Blogger Award, in gratitude for this blog. Come to my blog to receive the award!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Mar said...

shame :(

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Lirun said...

her beauty haunts me.. he looks so pensive.. u can tell that we have lost a whole bunch of worlds..

their faces are etched in my memory..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

3